PDL MOTs & REPAIRS Ltd TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. A contract will be binding between PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd and the customer upon the booking of your vehicle.
2. If you place an order via the phone or internet you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into a contract of sale and you are at least 18 years old and reside in the UK.
3. PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd will provide details of the cost and the work required before the work is done. All work and costs, including additional work must be approved by the customer before any work is carried out.
4. If the work cannot be done within 48hrs due to circumstances beyond PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd control, we will contact the customer and inform them accordingly – this may sometimes be due to parts not being delivered or the work required may take longer to complete.
5. All quotes and additional work that may be required is subject to VAT as required by law.
6. All parts used will adhere to the manufacturers service schedule and warranty and will be of “original equipment” (OE) standard – ensuring all warranties are validated. However, parts supplied by the customer, of new or used quality, will be excluded from any parts or labour warranty offered by PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd and is used entirely at the customer’s risk.
7. The Warranty covers replacement defective parts or related workmanship. PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd holds no responsibility for defective or incorrect parts, however PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd will process any claims on behalf of the customer with the manufacturer concerned, but in the event of claims being rejected in whole or in part, the customer undertakes to pay PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd that part of the claim that the manufacturer fails to meet.
8. The Warranty is dependent upon:
(A). PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd being given an opportunity to investigate or rectify any faults within a reasonable timeframe.
(B). The manufacturer’s vehicle operating instructions being followed.
(C). Having the vehicle serviced according to the manufacturer’s recommended schedule (at the time or distance specified).
(D). Full compliance with PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd advisories, warnings and information or any instructions provided by PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd verbally or in writing.
(E). The parts or workmanship carried out not being subjected abnormal conditions or unreasonable wear and tear.
9. Once the car repair/service has finished, payment will be taken – only upon cleared funds for all work done, will the car be returned to the customer.
10. PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd does not accept any liability for any damage or losses suffered by the Customer from the storage of its vehicle at a PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd.
11. The customer has the right to cancel his car service at any time, as long as any of the agreed work to date has been paid for up to the point of cancellation.
12. In the event of a courtesy vehicle being supplied by PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd customers, it is illegal to smoke, consume alcohol or any form of drugs whilst operating the vehicle and this will void the insurance should an incident occur.
13. It is requested that all courtesy vehicles used, be returned with adequate fuel.
14. PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd will not be responsible or liable for any unforeseeable losses; losses that were not caused by PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd employees, agents or representatives’ negligence or for any business losses.
This does not affect any claim that the customer may have for death or personal injury. Nothing in this condition will affect the customer’s statutory rights that the works are performed with due skill and care, that the goods supplied are of satisfactory quality and are fit for their purpose and that the products and services correspond with their description.
15. PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd will not be responsible for any loss of valuable items left by the customer and are not connected to the vehicle or damage to such items.
16. PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd will not be liable for any damage or delay in the services provided if the reasons are down to “an act of God”, “industrial action such as strikes”, “government disputes” or factors to be deemed out of control of PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd.
17. Health and Safety laws will apply where applicable when each customer’s vehicle is serviced or repaired.
18. Any complaint with respect to any car service or repair done by PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd must be restricted to communications with PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd only. PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd will not be liable for resolving any mistakes, issues or problems unless all correspondence remains with PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd.
19. PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd will endeavour to resolve all disputes amicably and professionally normally within 28 days. If the dispute should take longer, PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd will notify the customer accordingly.
20. PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd will not be liable for any faults if you remove a vehicle from our premises with Advisories on your Invoice or paperwork, you accept full liability related to or including the Advisories noted.
21. Any damages to the interior or exterior of any vehicle collected from PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd must be disclosed to PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd staff, BEFORE the vehicle leaves the premises, all cosmetic liability leaves when the vehicle does.
22. Any vehicles requested to be collected from any address; (work, home or other), is done so entirely at the owners risk, this includes leaving keys or documentation unattended. This service is offered as a gesture of appreciated custom only and PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd are NOT obliged to undertake any other tasks, other than driving the vehicle from and too its destination. Any further instructions are given entirely at the owner’s risk.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE GUARANTEE TERMS CONTAINED IN THEM DO NOT AFFECT THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER REGARDING FAULTY OR MISDESCRIBED PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR ANY FAILURE BY PDL MOTs & REPAIRS ltd IN THE SUPPLY OF GOODS OR THE UNDERTAKING OF WORK. FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS, PLEASE CONTACT THE CITIZENS’ ADVICE BUREAU. THEY CAN ALSO ASSIST WITH INFORMATION REQUIRED BY THE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT.